Windows Tips Downloads Birds of PA Back to our home page Find out About Us View My Gallery Visit our Forum

Sunday, November 18, 2007

The bird gets his wings back

The aforementioned site has included author credits for my photos, so I will let those photos remain on that site. Oh and you may want to explore the rest of that site. It has allot to offer, especially if you are planning on visiting Shanghai or nearby.
See for yourself

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Copy cat gets the birds

Hi all, I know that it's nice to know that someone likes my photos enough to keep one or two, but when someone copies an entire album of photos and posts them on their site as if they took them, without even a mention of who really took the photos is bit disheartening. that's not flattery, it's thievery. This site in China has done just that.

See for yourself Bird Wallpaper images

I like to share my work with the world, and I don't ask anything for it. I also don't mind someone using an image or two on there website or blog. I think it would be great if someone liked one of my photos enough to use it as a Desktop Wallpaper image or whatever. But if someone posts my photos, images or programs as there own, that bugs me a bit.

Feel free to download anything you like and use it however you want, but if you post it or share it online, or in any other public venue, please give me a bit of credit as the author or photographer and maybe a link to my site. That's not too much to ask for is it?

Oh and absolutely nothing that you download from my site whether it is my work or the work of others may be sold or redistributed without prior permission from the respective author.

Sorry to rant like a mad man, but this is far from the first time this has happened. Some of my custom logos and a few photos continue to be used by people without my permission or credit.

So how was your day?

Monday, November 5, 2007

Web cleaning

Well I spent my weekend doing some long overdue cleanup, maintenance and long needed improvements to my website. As you can see I opened this new forum and closed the old one, but there have been a few other changes too. I had to remove the Guest Book again due to excessive spam and abuse, it will not return, but I added a new gallery for some of my photos. This way you don't have to hunt for my photos or look in several places. I cleaned up the home page a bit, it's still a bit too cluttered for my tastes, but I'll let it go for now. I updated the Pirch pages even though I don't know if anyone even uses Pirch anymore. And I also Updated Ben's pages (the cat) so you can navigate his pages a little easier. I also finally updated the About-Us pages by reorganizing, cleaning and finally admitted that I am 40 years old. That was the hardest part.

Theres plenty more to do, but I had to stop somewhere, for now.

I'm planning some other changes like improving the downloads page and maybe updating the wintips page so be sure to check back often to see the changes at www.flan4u.com.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Susquehana foliage

Yesterday I visited the overlook with the intent of taking beautiful photos of fall foliage on the river.
I was a bit surprised to see so little color considering it was November 3rd.
Here are my photos, but I guess I will have to go back in a week or two to get the fall colors I was hoping for.

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Daylight Savings Time

Don't forget that tonight is the new night to set your clocks back to Standard Time.

In this day and age why do we need Daylight Savings time?
The claim is that it saves energy, I don't see how, and the new DST dates can't make any overall difference in energy consumption like "they" claim compared to what we have all known for years.

Our ancestors saw time as constant and fluid but unchanging and required no deviations from what naturally occurred with season changes.

The Sun has told people for millenniums what time it is. Why do we think we can do better?

Welcome to my new Blog

Hello, this is my new blog.
My open forum was a fruitless effort with limited results and unlimited headaches.

The old forum was about Flanagan's,
the new forum or blog, is about Flanagan's, friends, family and whatever I think you might be interested in.

My search for my genealogy continues, but here I may share more than just my efforts to find my ancestors.

Theres more to life than the past, and I'm gonna live in the present!

Feel free to add you comments regarding Flanagan's or genealogy or whatever!