Windows Tips Downloads Birds of PA Back to our home page Find out About Us View My Gallery Visit our Forum

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Copy cat gets the birds

Hi all, I know that it's nice to know that someone likes my photos enough to keep one or two, but when someone copies an entire album of photos and posts them on their site as if they took them, without even a mention of who really took the photos is bit disheartening. that's not flattery, it's thievery. This site in China has done just that.

See for yourself Bird Wallpaper images

I like to share my work with the world, and I don't ask anything for it. I also don't mind someone using an image or two on there website or blog. I think it would be great if someone liked one of my photos enough to use it as a Desktop Wallpaper image or whatever. But if someone posts my photos, images or programs as there own, that bugs me a bit.

Feel free to download anything you like and use it however you want, but if you post it or share it online, or in any other public venue, please give me a bit of credit as the author or photographer and maybe a link to my site. That's not too much to ask for is it?

Oh and absolutely nothing that you download from my site whether it is my work or the work of others may be sold or redistributed without prior permission from the respective author.

Sorry to rant like a mad man, but this is far from the first time this has happened. Some of my custom logos and a few photos continue to be used by people without my permission or credit.

So how was your day?

0 comments: