Windows Tips Downloads Birds of PA Back to our home page Find out About Us View My Gallery Visit our Forum

Monday, September 1, 2008

Is summer over already?

Today is the unofficial last day of summer. Labor day seems like it came and went just weeks after memorial day. This summer has passed so quickly. I don't know about all of you, but I had a pretty good summer. I didn't go camping as often as I would have liked to, but I did enjoy going hiking and sight seeing this summer. I doubt it will end now that fall is on our door step.

I ended this summer revisiting Silvermine Park for a short walk in the woods. It was an enjoyable distraction after the past weeks events. I saw a large hawk, or maybe an owl shortly after entering the park, but I was unable to get a picture of it, it was too elusive and faded away above the tree line before I was able to get the camera to my eye. I saw a few turtles again today, you will have to look closely at the photos to see them, but It was nice being able to hear the splash of a turtle and find it, and wait for it to struggle back to its perch back on the branch it dove in from.

I hope you all had a great summer, and don't forget that fall is another great time of year to go hiking and enjoying the outdoors.

0 comments: