Windows Tips Downloads Birds of PA Back to our home page Find out About Us View My Gallery Visit our Forum

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

This Thanksgiving remember that it is a holiday to remind us of how we survived with a little help from others. This is the time of year to reflect on what is important in our lives and be grateful and thankful for not just our possessions, but also the people in our lives.
Remember your neighbors, your family, your friends and co-workers. They are all a part of what makes this day special. Remember the moments when each of them touched your life in a positive way. Remind yourself of how often you touched someone elses life in a positive way. Do this not to tally or measure your efforts, but to appreciate what you can do better for others.
Thanksgiving is a day for giving thanks to those that we may not have thanked or even acknowledged in the past. Take the time to thank the hair dresser for brushing the hair away from your eyes. Thank the newspaper delivery person for trying to keep your paper dry today, thank that grumpy old lady at the supermarket for not putting your eggs at the bottom of the bag, that may be all she needs to smile, just a simple thank you.

Here's my favorite part of the holiday. telling all of you why I am thankful. I'm thankful for still having a job during this economic pitfall in the US. I'm grateful for my recent rediscovery of nature and my passion for the outdoors whether near or far. I'm very happy that I finally quit smoking and the support that I have had from my co-workers. But of all the things that I am grateful for, the real joy of my Life is Lucina. When someone can make your day better just by saying hi, you can't possibly just say thanks. I am so thankful for having her in my life and I look forward to every day in front of us, and treasure the days behind us. OK, shameless use of the blog for a moment. I love you Lucina!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Addendum.
Due to a family emergency that I won't discuss, our Thanksgiving plans were abruptly changed. My younger brother and his wife took the reigns and made this a very relaxing and enjoyable Thanksgiving. The turkey was perfect, the atmosphere was light, the food was great, and my belly was full! The only things that would have made today any better, is for my dad to be well enough to be with us today, and for Lucina and her children to be here with me and my family.

I wasn't going to share these photos with anyone but family, but here they are for all of you. Never forget that family and friends are essential for surviving this crazy ride we call life.

0 comments: