Windows Tips Downloads Birds of PA Back to our home page Find out About Us View My Gallery Visit our Forum

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Where are we going?

Where are we going?
I know where we are
I have been here before
I have been here too long
Is our destination the same
or are we just crossing paths
Is today the beginning of life
or the end of our journey
Now that we're here
where do we go?
Is there direction
I need to know.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Stormy Skies

An interesting storm just blew through here. It looked like a tornado could form, but it didn't here, just horizontal rotation between the layers of clouds and small hail, about 1/2" and smaller. The most interesting part was the smell of ozone and sea water in the air since I am about 150 miles from the ocean. It smelled like a day at the beach and I'm not the only one that smelled it. The temp here rose to about 64 degrees, but then suddenly dropped to about 51 degrees within about 15 minutes. There was also a significant difference in temperature between ground level and my balcony only 12 feet above ground. Coworkers and customers told me that for them the temp had risen to nearly 80 degrees and dropped to the 50s just as quickly.

I love watching storms like this!

Spring is here!

Oh and there was a tornado warning, but I only found out after the fact, I just wanted to take the photos.
Update: 3-30-09 There was a tornado just north of me and there was significant damage to buildings, but fortunately no serious injuries.
Here are photos by viewers from our local TV station WGAL

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Graduation

It's graduation time in the Philippines and I just had to share with everyone how proud I am of my Sunshine and her wonderful children.

Today is the day that you decide
what tomorrow will become.

As a child I did not see the value of education until I was at least 9 or ten, and more so later in life. I pursued my education through hands on training and self education, but if I had realized at a younger age how important education is I might have lived an entirely different life. I am so proud to see that her children recognize that education is the best way to make a better life for themselves, their family, and their country. To excel in your studies just because you want to succeed and thrive someday impresses me no matter where you live!

Congratulations is not nearly enough to show how impressed I am with each of them. I wish I could be there to share in the celebrations, but my Sunshine and her blessed children deserve all of the glory for their achievements and hard work and accomplishments. To the Valedictorian I offer my greatest respect and admiration after your speach and nagmartsa, and I humbly ask forgiveness if I did not use the term properly.

* image borrowed from wikipilipinas.org

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Emerging life

The first day of spring was a couple of days ago here, so I'm a bit late with this post, but today I had a chance to go for a nice walk to enjoy the changes that are ocurring here. Since fall the only colors were gray or brown and remnants of green unless covered in white. Today I decided to look for life emerging in preparation for the warmth that is coming. The longer, warmer days are encouraging the young sprouts to come out and enjoy the day, but only the hardiest are able to make it through the chilly nights.

When you look at these photos don't just see the grays and browns, look closer for the reds, and greens and signs of life.
I will be showing the progress of spring returning when I can. I Added a few photos today.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Saint Patricks Day

I wish all of you the most joyous Saint Patrick's Day.
May your days be filled with Sunshine,
and your nights be filled with family Time.
May you be blessed with a heart filled with love
and a home filled with joy.

They speak of the luck of the Irish.
Well this Irishman is the luckiest man in the world
because of the most beautiful woman in the world.

I love you Sunshine! And that's no blarney!
I am blessed by having you in my life!

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lets do the time shift again

Well, it's that time of year again here. We loose an hour of sleep and pretend that we are ahead of the game until Daylight Savings Time ends. Why do we bother? There is real time and Daylight Savings Time. Isn't real time good enough? Why do we feel that we can improve on what has worked for millennium? 
To be honest, I don't see the benefit. To be selfish, it just means that the woman I love and I are no longer 13 hours apart, but only 12. That doesn't bring us any closer, the distance is still the same, the love we have is still the same. If we can "alter" time, why can't we alter distance and bring my Sunshine here to my time zone?