Windows Tips Downloads Birds of PA Back to our home page Find out About Us View My Gallery Visit our Forum

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sorry for your loss

But if I hear one more person tell me how much money they lost in the stock market!!!
We are starting into our busy season and it seams that every other customer wants to complain about losing hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars last year in the stock market.
Well boo hoo!

I can't wipe away your problems, but I'm so sorry that you lost more money that you gained without working for in the past year then I have fought so hard to earn in the past five or 10 years. But somehow you deserve it more then the rest of us so I have to feel bad for you. My nuckles have blead while you shed nothing more then friends that no longer fit your monetary bracket, but I should feel bad for you?
I'm so sorry that you might have to give up one of your million dollar condos for this season. It's such a shame that you might only be able to visit 20 states and 3 countries this year to reduce your budget to probably $200,000.00 for the summer season. No one should have to limit there international travel to less then $20m to cut down on expenses.

The rest of us should work harder and spend more then we can afford even if it means loosing our homes or not being able to put food on the table for our kids, just so you can profit from our hard work and revive this economy It's our civic duty! It's ok that we have to struggle to make ends meet while you sit in the sauna. Never concern yourself for those who keep that sauna clean, or the streets free of debris or the beaches pristine or hotel room perfect. don't worry about it, timmy ate yesterday and he will be over in a moment to blow bubbles in your bath for you to make your day better.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Nowhere

Have you ever been to nowhere?
That's where I'm going.
Is it brighter there?
I hate not knowing.
There has to be more to life then this.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

The me I don't want to be

I apologize for this introspection, but someone took a picture of me and I don't like what I see. It's not a matter of lighting or pose or context. Somehow a complete stranger on the trail captured my feelings.

I call this picture sorrow because that's all I see in the eyes of this stranger even though this stranger is me. 
I don't know this person and I don't want to know him or become him.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Direction from above

While looking for answers and direction in my life I decided to look to the stars, kinda. I knew that I wanted to go somewhere, but I didn't know where or why so I consulted the almighty GPS. I'm new to geocaching but I'm hooked! If you're not familiar with it, it is like a cross between hide and seek and treasure hunting with clues. Someone hides an item refered to as a cache and then tells people the GPS coordinates online with maybe a hint to begin the hunt. Your job is to find the cache.

~~~ If you're a geocacher  -   Spoiler Alert! ~~~
~~~ Images below clearly show the caches! ~~~

I have realy needed a distraction the past few weeks, and this was perfect. I had a great time looking for two geocaches today in the Lancaster County Conservancy. Aside from my GPS locking up all went well and I had fun looking for these treasures. It still blows me away that this type of place is only a few miles from home. 8.6miles according to www.geocaching.com The seeps were interesting, like watching a streem being born. The vast views and the closeup beauty were all so impressive. Seeing the field of Daphodiles growing in the wild was, well, wild. The work they are doing returning open farmland to nature is an impressive project and the way that nature is voluntarily taking back what we left behind is compelling. This is a must see region that mingles with the Conestoga Trail. This was a perfect spring day to go for a hike, but I wouldn't have known about this place if not for www.geocaching.com.

Note: When my GPS locked up and I had to restart it by removing the batteries, I lost my trail so there was no backtracking. Always save a waypoint for where you park! I continued to another cache hoping that I could get back by instinct and memory and sence of direction but I wouldn't recomend it in a broader setting. In fact my instinct told me that all I had to do was keep going north and I would cross the road I parked on. I was wrong. The road I parked on ended 100yds west of where I parked and the path I was going on was 1 mile or more west of that point.

Updated 4-12-09
I returned to House Rock Nature preserve. I was hoping that the Daphodiles would be in bloom, but I still enjoyed exploring more of this area today.