Windows Tips Downloads Birds of PA Back to our home page Find out About Us View My Gallery Visit our Forum

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cacheing in at Silvermine

You may already know that I love going to a local park here in Lancaster County PA. It's called Silvermine Park in Pequea Township. I love this park. It has so much to offer and so close to home. It's a great place for the family for walking, biking, hiking, bird watching, or even geocacheing.

I found 3 of the 4 geocaches so far. One has eluded me so far. That just gives me another reason to go back again. I Am always amazed by what I find when I am not looking and tonight after work I found a wild "pitcher plant" called "Jack in The Pulpit" here in this park while trying to get a better view of a cache site. I also wandered into the cave a little bit this time. It was so cool! Literally!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Spoiler Alert! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Images below show the cache and may reveal the location.

PS
The first cache was supposed to be in a half gallon container with a red lid. Guess what, I found a half gallon container with a red lid. I was surprised to see the cache in such poor shape and no log or trinkets inside, just ants and mold, and why would anyone use a sprayer?

It wasn't the cache, just a discarded half gallon sprayer with a red cap. I went back and found the real cache that I nearly tripped on the first time and retrieved the garbage I discovered so it could be thrown away. CITO!

0 comments: