Windows Tips Downloads Birds of PA Back to our home page Find out About Us View My Gallery Visit our Forum

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Comunity Days at silvermie and a peak at the Silver Mine

This weekend Pequea township had their second annual "Community Days" event at the Silver Mine park. I can't tell you how happy I was to see this park so alive and full of life. The park was packed, but not crowded. More smiles per mile then you can count.
I am so impressed by the work of the township and volunteers that have revived this park from the dead and are bringing new life to it.

Thank you!

I had a great day in the park, and as a bonus I also had the opportunity to explore the actual Silver Mine that gives this park it's name. It is normally off limits to the public, but they offered guided tours of the mine this weekend. It's an exploration that reveals our past and the formation of this region. What an interesting tour.

I can't thank the people who have brought this park back to life enough.

3 comments:

momgen said...

Hi there am sorry I am busy i forgot to reply your mail i will reply maybe this week. Thank you. TC

Bruce Flanagan said...

Take your time Gen. I know you are busy, and I love the recent changes on your site.

momgen said...

Yes you have copy my post its ok. TC regards to her.