Windows Tips Downloads Birds of PA Back to our home page Find out About Us View My Gallery Visit our Forum

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Trout Run Cache Stage 2

This was my first multicache. I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't notice on my GPSr that it was a multicache, or I would have waited to do stage 1. I found stage 1 when hiking on the rails to trails nearby. If you look back on my May 31st entry you will see that I took the wrong path to get to the cache, but I still found it. If not for the rain I would have looked for stage 2 that day, but I had to back track to the car several miles away before the skies opened up.

Here is a reminder of my wanderings that day.

If you're not familiar with geocaching or what a multicache is, basically you are given coordinates to a geocache or cache. That is your "prize". With a multicache the first stage is a cache that only has coordinates to the next stage or another cache. Sometimes, but not always, this second stage is the "real cache" but it can also just have clues or coordinates to another site for the next cache.

I had to come back for stage 2 today and I'm so glad I did. Today I entered the preserve from the recomended parking area on Stump Rd. This is definately the best way to access this great place. This preserve is so full of interesting sounds and plants, and the streams are the musical backup that the birds need to complete there song.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Spoiler Alert! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Images below show the cache and may reveal the location.

This is such a beautiful preserve that I highly recommend that you take the time to explore it even if you are not interested in geocaching.

0 comments: