Windows Tips Downloads Birds of PA Back to our home page Find out About Us View My Gallery Visit our Forum

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cabelas to Cabaret

After some very distressing news from the mother of my twins I spent the weekend away from home so I didn't have to see the nursery and be reminded of my loss. The mere thought that my becoming a father was reduced by half with no more concern then a text message from the mother. Thank God for the support of my friends and family and a dear woman that I can't possibly thank God enough for bringing into my life.

After finishing up a few things I ventured half heartedly to spend time with an Angel and her family who have opened there lives to me. I knew that I would appreciate their company, but I didn't want to burden them with my cares. I was amazed that they simply melted my cares away and brought joy to the forefront. Without saying so they reminded me that it is more important to be thankful for what we have then to grieve for what we may have lost.

We started our day revisiting Cabela's which is a huge and very interesting sports and outdoor goods supplier. we wandered through the massive building enjoying the sites and sounds and offers, but what I enjoyed the most was the company and the sense of family and the joy that was brought to the surface. My worries fell away like a winter coat to be stowed in the corner until the cold returns.

After a wonderful time at Cabela's we all went out for a great dinner before going to an event at her Alma Mater. The Schuylkill Valley Panthers On Parade held an Alumni Cabaret at the Middle school and it was quite the show. There were performers from the past and present including her mother and other family going back as far as 1964. I have to admit that I was never one much for show tunes or cabaret, but I had such a great time. I recognized more of the music then I expected and enjoyed it all.

This year is already turning out to be full of blessings and challenges but I can see that I will not be alone on this journey and I am so grateful to have someone by my side to share this new year with.

2 comments:

Dee said...

thank you for including us in your life! I look forward to more adventures in the future.

<3 Dee <3

Bruce Flanagan said...

There will be many more moments together throughout our lives. Thank you for welcoming me and making me feel at home wherever we are.