Windows Tips Downloads Birds of PA Back to our home page Find out About Us View My Gallery Visit our Forum

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Returning to normal

Well. It's been awhile since I wrote anything here or anywhere. The loss was difficult to deal with, but life is good and I'm making time for my self and the wonderful woman that has stood by my side and laughed and cried with me throughout all of this years ordeals, triumphs and pleasures. I can't undo the past, or pretend that I didn't lose the twins or ignore that I was used and hurt by the mother, but it's time to put that part of my life in the back of my mind and move on so I can enjoy the present.

March has been a wonderful month full of love, joy and exploration. I am moving to the Reading area of PA and We have been visiting some very nice places recently. We have been to Blue Marsh Lake a few times because it is so big and beautiful that you simply can't see all that it has to offer in just one visit. We'll be back again and hopefully bring a boat one of these days to go sailing or canoeing on this big man made lake in the center of Berks County PA.

It was fun checking out Blue Marsh lake then visiting Gruber Wagon Works. They actually moved the big Yellow building from where the Blue Marsh Lake is now to its current location. That must have been quite a site to see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Spoiler Alert! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Images below show the cache and may reveal the location.

Yes, Back to Blue Marsh to see the lake at full level and to replace a damp log book in a letterboxing cache that we stumbled upon during a previous hike. Letterboxing doesnt seem to be as popular as geocaching, but I still wanted them to have a dry log to show who was there.

Dee and I had a great lunch with Meia at Grings Mill overlooking the pond. A skunk meandered around the lawn looking for lunch himself and chased a few people off but I think he was just enjoying the beautiful day and the fresh air. I wonder if he could smell the fresh air? We led Meia on a walk around the grounds and along the canal. She kept us safe from the attach Geese and the wild ducks that acted like the water was their playground. Meia was also kind enough to point out every bird and squirrel within 60 feet of us. Without her I might not have gotten a chance for my jog that day. We all sported our Green for Saint Patrick's Day, and Meia and Dee were so cute that every Irishmen would wish they were me that day.

Today I went geocaching and hiking at Nolde Forest State Park. I had never heard of it either and had no clue what to expect, other then trees. I was not disappointed, there were plenty of trees, but also a variety of birds and other wildlife scampering Along the forest floor. The Chipmunks are so cute here in Berks County! I found the geocache and hiked quite a few miles on the trails but I only saw a fraction of what is in this park so I will have to return to see the sawmill and so much more. This is a very nice peaceful place to hike and also a good place for picnicking and bird watching.

0 comments: