Windows Tips Downloads Birds of PA Back to our home page Find out About Us View My Gallery Visit our Forum

Friday, January 28, 2011

Meia Snow Tubeing with the kids and Dee and I

A short break from shoveling led to some fun slipping and sliding down the local hill on a snow tube and some heavy duty cardboard box sides. The snow was almost perfect for this type of sledding and the temperature was just right. Dee, Alyssa, Sean and I took Meia for her first sledding adventure and she sure seemed to enjoy it. We all had a great time coming down the hill, but Dee decided that one trip up the hill was enough. Alyssa and I each made several trips and a few impressive crashes and Sean had a few of his own. Meia was a great passenger and wanna-bee snow dog. The snow was about 6 inches over her head, but she quickly figured out that she could run in the sledding tracks. We were all exhausted after sledding, but it was allot of fun.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Birthday to my babies.

Today we celebrate my two daughters birthdays. They came into this world as angels and touched my heart even though I never had a chance to touch them. Each day I share my life with them in my thoughts and prayers, but as close as they are in my heart, I miss the possibility of ever holding them in my arms. My life is filled with moments and events that I wish that they were with me to experience so that I could see there precious little smiles, or hear there cute little laughs, or even see those deep eyes light up in amazement. But that is my selfish side. I know that where they are is peaceful and far more exhilarating and fulfilling then here on Earth with me. They are free of life's torments and tormentors and they came into this world as they left, pure and loved.

You are forever in my heart.
Happy Birthday Cheyanne and Aspen.
Love always.
Dad

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Virgina Beach in the Winter

Our trip to Virginia Beach Virginia. We stayed in a timeshare/hotel room overlooking the beach on the Atlantic ocean. The weather wasn't the best, but it was nice to get away for a week. When the weather cooperated we ventured away from our room and visited the Virginia Aquarium and the Water Fowl Museum and I wandered the beach. It was quite interesting visiting the Old Cape Henry Light House which is on a Navy Base. We had to go through a security check, and they explained what we could and could not take pictures of. Walking the steps to the top of the mound were tiring but the climb to the top of the lighthouse was worth the steps. What a great view of the bay, the ocean and the new Cape Henry lighthouse. We also stopped at the Chesapeake Bay-Bridge Tunnel rest area again, and this time the restaurant was open for business. Very nice eatery and wonderful views. The fishing pier was cold but worth the chill. Over all it was a great trip and certainly has me wanting to go back again.