Windows Tips Downloads Birds of PA Back to our home page Find out About Us View My Gallery Visit our Forum

Sunday, May 1, 2011

SlyFox Bock Fest 2011

The SlyFox Bock Fest is an interesting way to market a micro brewery in Pheonixville PA. They hold a goat race each year and this was my first time to attend this event. I was not expecting much, but as soon as I got close to SlyFox Brewery I could see that this was not just any old promo event. I drove down to the fairgrounds for parking and a free shuttle back to SlyFox and I couldn't believe how many people were there. The beer was so much better then I could have imagined and who would have guessed that watching a goat race would be so much fun. I think the live Polka band and German Beer fest atmosphere just made this event something that I will not forget. For me the SlackerBock beer was delicious and the winner of the goat races was a three legged goat named "Peggy". Although there was one wipe-out during the race, no goats were harmed during this event, but I can only assume that a few million brain cells were killed in the enjoyment of this festival.

0 comments: